We offer our services to all of our customers in at affordable rates. Our friendly and professional electricians near you will ensure that the job is done the first time, safe, compliant, and as quickly as possible. We are certainly among the top .
Residential Emergency Electrical Services in Durban
We Provide Professional Electrical Solutions for Your Home.
At Hardwired Electricians, we understand the importance of a safe and well-functioning electrical system in your home. Our team of experienced and licensed electricians is here to provide top-quality electrical services tailored to meet your residential needs. Whether you require installation, repair, or maintenance, we’ve got you covered.
Industrial and Commercial Electrical Services in Durban
We Provide Expert Solutions for Your Business Electrical Needs.
At Hardwired Electricians, we understand the importance of a reliable and efficient electrical system for your industrial or commercial property. Our team of skilled and certified electricians is dedicated to providing top-notch electrical services tailored to meet the unique requirements of your business. Whether you need installation, maintenance, or repair, we have the expertise to deliver exceptional results.
- Three Phase Electrical Installations and Wiring.
- Cable tray work.
- Installation of Distribution boards and wiring.
- Upgrades and renovations of existing systems.
- Indoor and outdoor lighting Installations.
- LED lighting upgrades.
- Office renovations and expansions.
- Generator Installations and Repair.
- Load testing and capacity analysis.
- Maintenance and testing of electrical equipment.
- Preparing installations for compliance certification.
- Energy-efficient solutions.
- Electrical equipment Maintenance and Repairs
Electrical Machine Breakdowns, Installations and Maintenance in Durban
Time plays a vital role in all our electrical installations and breakdowns as does compliance with the law and industry guidelines.
- 24/7 Machine breakdowns and troubleshooting.
- Machine & Equipment installations and relocation.
- Machine electrical modifications.
- Electrical control panel design, upgrades, wiring, installation, and maintenance.
- Distribution Boards installation, upgrades, and maintenance.
- Ac/Dc Motor & Variable speed drives installations and troubleshooting.
- Emergency breakdown support.
- Control panel installations.
- Preventative maintenance.
- Equipment Maintenance and Repair.
Our Client Reviews on Google for Our Electricians in Durban
Below are some of our most recent reviews that our clients left online on Google about each of their experience working with us. We mean it when we say “we care about your overall experience with us“.
Here Are Some Simple Steps to Get Started Working With Us
Frequently Asked Questions for Our Electricians in Durban
1. Do you work with clients anywhere in Durban?
Our service areas cover the entire Durban and surrounding areas. Be it you’re in Hillcrest, Durban North, Pinetown, Umhlanga, Westville, Queensburgh, Glenwood or other areas in Durban and surrounding areas.
2. When should you call an emergency electrician in Durban?
There are three main instances when you should consider calling an emergency electrician.
- If you feel your own safety is compromised, you shouldn’t hesitate to call an emergency electrician in Durban. At the very least, a qualified electrician should be able to assess over the phone the gravity of the situation
- Presence of smoke or if you smell burning near your electrical outlets and/or appliances such as a washing machine and a dishwasher. This could be the sign of a power surge which could ultimately cause fire.
- Exposed wires or electrical sparks. These issues should be fixed immediately as they can be very hazardous especially if you have young children in your house
3. How much does it cost to call an emergency electrician?
The cost of calling an emergency electrician can vary greatly and depends on multiple factors:
- The area you live in and distance from the electrical contractor.
- The day you are calling. Weekdays tend to be cheaper than weekends.
- The time you call. It’s always cheaper between 9 and 5.
Hardwired Electricians has very competitive rates for all emergency calls.
4. How do I find the best emergency electrician near me?
Choosing the right emergency electrician can be a very difficult decision to make especially if you are facing a stressful situation. If, like most people, you are searching on the internet for the best option, we advise you look at their online reviews. It will only take you a few seconds to make the right choice.
5. What is an electrical emergency?
Apart from routine electrical work, most people don’t see an electrician unless there is some sort of emergency. So, what constitutes an electrical emergency?
Burning wires – burning wires have a very distinctive smell, either metallic or plastic, and represent an electrical emergency. Basically, the smell is an indicator that you could soon have an electrical fire if the wires continue to overheat. The burning can indicate a bad connection or a faulty wire. Cut the power immediately and call your 24-hour Durban electrician.
Buzzing or humming coming from the breaker box or fuse box – this can mean that the circuit breakers are not working, they are trying to trip off the power but something is preventing them from doing so. This can be incredibly dangerous because there is a fault in the electrical system and the circuit breakers are unable to disconnect the power.
Smoke coming from an outlet – remember the old saying that there is no smoke without fire? Smoke emitting from an outlet can mean that there is something smoldering in your electrical wiring system. Shut off the power and call an emergency electrician in Durban.
Loss of power – the response to this will depend upon whether the power outage affects just your house or the whole road. If it is an outage affecting more than one property then this is usually a matter for the energy supplier or the municipality that looks after the infrastructure. However, if it is just one property then there could be a fault that will need to be investigated by a Durban electrician.
An electrical fire – this is an emergency for which you should call Hardwired Electricians. Once any risk to life has been eliminated then a Durban electrician will perform an assessment to establish what caused the fire in the first place.
6. How do I protect my property from electrical fires?
The first step is having a licensed electrician in Durban to inspect your home. They can identify any fire hazards. Secondly, you must follow their advice and involve them in the process of maintaining or changing electricals. There’s also a newer technology on the market called Arc Fault Breakers.
They are required in new buildings and can be added to older wiring in older homes. If the breaker detects a spark, it shuts off electricity to those circuits. Proper grounding and lightning protection is also recommended.
7. Can I do my own electrical wiring?
No, you cannot do your own electrical wiring unless you are qualified to do so. Your wiring must be done by a professional electrician in Durban in order to be safe and recognized by insurance.
Licensed electricians are required to know the current electrical code too. If you go to the extent of changing or adding electricals, you must follow the regulations. In addition, professional electricians in Durban will purchase the correct material, in the correct amounts, creating the least waste possible which can also save you money in the end.
8. What can I expect electricians in Durban to fix?
What does an electrician do? Electricians in Durban install and maintain all of the electrical and power systems for our homes, businesses, and factories. It’s a great idea to have an electrician in Durban in your contact list. They install and maintain electrical wiring, equipment and machines. In addition, Durban electricians generally focus on either construction or maintenance, although many do both.
The following things can typically be fixed by an electrician:
-Faulty plugs and appliances
-Any electrical faults
9. Where exactly is Hardwired Electricians located in Durban?